Douai Crest



The Douai Society


Tower
   Douai Magazine Archive Link


The Douai Society is the Society of the Old boys (and girls) of Douai school which was run by English Benedictine monks at Woolhampton in Berkshire from 1903 until its closure in 1999. At the Society's annual dinners in the school refectory before closure one of the toasts was "The Abbey and the School". The link between the two was what gave the school some of its special characteristics. It is therefore appropriate that this web site should include a link to the Monastery pages and to the history of the Benedictine community from its foundation in France during penal times.

The website consists of three parts;  The Douai Society, information about the School as it was and some historical information about the Abbey and the foundations of the Monastic Community.

Additional contributions to these pages from past pupils will be especially welcome. Use our contact page.  


The New Pavilion - in Memory of the Douai Old Boys who died in WW1 (Research courtesy of Richard Sims (90/92/97)

New Pavilion


Link to the Wollhampton Cricket Club site and the Douai Park Recreation Association (DPRA).
Visitor Count Since 23rd April 2014 = 15436